Welcome to City Eye Centre
City Eye Centre is a well-established specialist ophthalmology practice located on Wickham Terrace in Brisbane. City Eye Centre specialises in the diagnosis and treatment of a wide range of eye conditions and provides comprehensive and emergency eye care with state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment, technology and surgery.
In 2012 City Eye Centre Southside was established to provide the same level of specialist care to the greater community on the south side of Brisbane.
City Eye Centre specialises in:
- Cataract surgery using the latest small incision phacoemulsification techniques and intraocular lenses
- Age-related macular degeneration diagnosis and effective treatment with new anti-VEGF drugs (Eylea, Lucentis, Avastin)
- Vitreoretinal and macular disorders including macular hole, epiretinal membrane and diabetic retinopathy
- Eye emergencies including retinal detachment and eye trauma
- Glaucoma incorporating pharmaceutical, laser and surgical advancements
- External, corneal disorders including dry eyes, keratoconus, corneal ulcers, keratitis, and cicatricial diseases
- Corneal transplantation
- CASA approved aviation medical examinations
Our Ophthalmologists are leading specialists in the field and manage patients from all over Queensland and northern New South Wales. In addition to excellence in patient care, our specialists are committed to providing education to health professionals and advancing ophthalmic research through involvement in research, clinical trials, publications, and presentations at many international meetings. The doctors also have affiliations with the University of Queensland and hold public hospital appointments.
The team at City Eye Centre is dedicated to providing you with the highest quality of eye care in the most professional and caring environment.